46 Poxwalkers on a Madman's Paint Station!
Okay, so here's something of a crazy notion I took recently. I'd already painted sixteen Poxwalkers. And I'd a enjoyed the process as well. The first model was painted on it's own to help me figure out how I would approach them. And thereafter I pained them in twos or threes. It wasn't long until I had worked out a method of painting them in stages. But then the dreaded Rona virus appeared, and my painting wandered for a while across different miniatures.
Now that was fun, but it wasn't getting anything in particular done quickly. So I decided it was important to focus on one army at a time and make sure I painted everything I had for it. Then I could move on and work on another army. And I have to say, it's been working very well indeed.
But those Poxwalkers were worrying me. How should I divide 46 up into batches? Two lots of 23? Unsure how much motivation I'd have for such a production line, I decided to consult my painting notes and see how I'd painted them. And because they have so many wash layers, a thought began to dawn on me. I'd be just as well to do the whole lot. If nothing else, it gave more time between each stage. And that would give the man, many washes I was going to use even more time to dry out before the next one began.
So I set about assembling the lot.
And with that done, I extended the size of my paint station by using a small table. This effectively gave me two wings on the side of my paint station. The models would move from one side to the other to dry while I worked on the next one. In this way, I could keep a track of what I was doing.
Next job was to apply VGC Squid Pink to all the tentacles. Again, an even and solid colour was really important. And by this point, the models were getting used to bouncing from one side of the table to the other.
As always, thanks for stopping by!