Goodbye Google+...



As I'm sure many of you know, G+ is going away in April. Sadly though, the process has begun already as you can see in the following text that appears when I now open my blog...

Following the announcement of Google+ API deprecation scheduled for March 2019, a number of changes will be made to Blogger’s Google+ integration on 4 February 2019. 

Google+ widgets: Support for the '+1 Button', 'Google+ Followers' and 'Google+ Badge' widgets in Layout will no longer be available. All instances of these widgets will be removed from your blog. 

+1 buttons: The +1/G+ buttons and Google+ share links below blog posts and in the navigation bar will be removed. 

Please note that if you have a custom template that includes Google+ features, you may need to update your template. Please contact your template supplier for advice. 

Google+ Comments: Support for Google+ comments will be turned down, and all blogs using Google+ comments will be reverted back to using Blogger comments. Unfortunately, comments posted as Google+ comments cannot be migrated to Blogger and will no longer appear on your blog.

This will explain why all your kind and encouraging comments have disappeared from my blog.

It just isn't what it used to be around here any more.

However, I'm not going anywhere. I'll still keep posting on my blog as I'm able. Hopefully someone will still see it.

This is all rather sad.

Comments

  1. It's a sad day but it's not the end! It just makes thing more of a challenge šŸ¤—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. But I felt the best thing about my blog was all the comments. They had a lot of suggestions and encouragements. Without them, it's just my words. I always though the strength of the blog was in the conversations it created.

      Delete
  2. Yes, a little sad! It was a great place for miniatures bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was Michal. Still, I'm hoping things will get better. One thing's for certain. I'm not giving up on this blogging malarkey. Hopefully we'll get the conversations going once more.

      Delete
  3. Speaking as a RSS lurker, I enjoy your writing a lot even though I never comment. Thanks for doing what you do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm truly humbled to read this Bloodsbane. Rest assured the blogging will continue!

      Delete

Post a Comment