Dark Age & Medieval Monks

I thought I'd put up a quick post to showcase my weekend painting spree! These are Perry Miniatures' CU28 set from their Crusades range. Whilst this is technically too late a period for our current games of Blood Eagle, a monk's dress sense didn't have a habbit of keeping up with fashion (did you see what I did there?!?!) which means these miniatures can be used in a much earlier period. This is exactly what I'm using them for. They are crucial in the next scenario in our ongoing Saga in Blood Eagle from the excellent Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare that is Messrs Craig Cartmell and Charles Murton. Of course, they'll also appear in a lot of other settings too!

For those interested, I use Vallejo paints as you can see in the photo. Here I've deliberately chosen a limited paint palette consisting of English Uniform, Khaki, Stone Grey, Dark Fleshtone and Dwarf Skin with the application of some white and black where necessary. Bases are under coated black and  drybrushed with successive layers of English Uniform. Stones are then drybrushed with Khaki and finally Stone Grey.

Comments